You will need to get a one way ticket exemption should you have crew(s) that will be joining your vessel or leaving the country and coming back to re-join the vessel. Please note that if vessel owner(s) or crew(s) do not have this one way ticket exemption letter from Immigration, at the airport they will be requested to purchase a return ticket before entering the country.
The steps in attaining an exemption letter is as follows:
- Photocopy of the crew(s)/owner(s) passport
- Print a copy of the flight ticket
- Request letter from the skipper if it is a crew(s) is coming to join your vessel. If you are the vessel owner, you will not need this letter to re-join your vessel.
- If your vessel is going to be berthed at the marina when you fly in, you can request a letter from the marina to be addressed to immigration stating the vessel will be in the marina upon your return.
- Application will then need to be taken to Immigration office at the airport/ Lautoka office with a FJ$13.00 fee/ crew or owner, then exemption letter will be processed.
Posted in: Customs & Immigration