SHIP MASTERS & SHIP OWNERS – PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES AND PREPARATIONS FOR THE APPROACHING TROPICAL DEPRESSION
- All Ship Masters. Ship Owners A Ship Agents for foreign and local ships, Pilots, Port Management Companies/Operators, Marinas and Yacht Clubs are advised of the Tropical Cyclone Warning in force for the Fiji Group.
- Tropical Depression TD04F, centre 998HPA was located near 12.7 South 172.0 East or about 550 kilometres west of Rotuma at 0001 hours this morning. The system is moving east at about 10km/h.
- Small Boat owners are advised to take necessary precautionary measures to ensure their boats are safe.
- Marine clearance for all ships will cease with effect from 0001 hours 17th January 2020 until further notice except for emergency evacuation runs as required.
- Ship owners must provide all necessary support to masters of their ships and exercise good judgement to ensure the ships are kept safe during the passing of the tropical cyclone.
MANAGER QUALIFICATION AND LICENCING
Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji
Level 4, Kadavu House, Victoria Parade
P O Box 326, Suva
Phone +679 3315266 / 9926672
16 January 2020
Please find attached the Marine Notice 3/2020.
You are requested to forward this to all concerned.
Senior Navigation Safety Officer | Maritime Safety Authority of Fiji
Level 4, Kadavu House, 414 Victoria Parade | P O Box 326, Suva, Fiji
Phone: 679 3315 266 | Fax: 679 3313 127 | Mobile: 679 9990 975